Friday, August 24, 2007

Birthdays, School, Out of Town Trips and an experiment

It has been really crazy the last couple of weeks. Last weekend was our anniversary and Caleb's birthday. The week before that was the first day of school for both Caleb and Katie. Last week, I was out of town for work all week. Some of the exciting things that have happened include Stacey and the kids being involved in a wreck. Luckily, everyone was OK. I feel like God was watching over them. Sunday night before I left, I prayed specifically for God to keep them safe while I was gone. It was a very specific prayer. Monday night, Stacey was leading soccer practice for the kids while I was gone and on the way home from Graceland, a bee got in the van and into Stacey's shirt and stung her on the arm. As she was flailing to get rid of the bee, the wheel of the van went off the road and a tree limb busted out the side window and bent the window frame. Luckily, Katie was siting on the driver's side and not the passenger's side. Also, a few feet earlier and it would have busted the window right beside Coy. Stacey kept her composure and avoided over correcting or running further off the road. Our van will be in the shop for a week or so but the main thing is no one got hurt.
I like the picture above that shows Stacey's dad underneath both Katie and Coy while Caleb explains a gift that he got for his birthday. They all like to pile on Grandpa.
This is a picture of the kids on the first day of school. They all seem to have a good time. Coy especially likes to watch for the school bus.
I have tried to add a video to the blog this time. It is from our trip to Marengo Cave. It is typical banter for our family. Coy gave something to Katie and we were trying to get Katie to say "Thank you Coy." Coy and Katie both were trying to say "Thank you Coy." At the end though, they finally get it right and Katie says "Thank you" and Coy says "You're welcome". I don't know what Caleb is doing in the background. Pretty good stuff if you ask me. Please let me know if you were able to download it and watch it.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh the video is so cute!!!! Glad everyone was ok after the car wreck!