Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Who is Perfect?



This is something that I have been meaning to do for a long time but have just now gotten around to doing it. I don't know what prompted me to do this now but here it is. It reminds me that none of us are made perfect. Some of our imperfections are more obvious than others but none of us is perfect. I have to admit that I am sometimes hard on Coy. It is not because he deserves it, but it is because I believe that he is capable of so much that I expect much out of him, just like I do our other two children. I hope that he realizes that I don't expect him to be perfect. I definitely don't want to exasperate him. I do my best to quick to praise him abundantly when he does do the right things and I try to shower him with touch and kind words at every opportunity but I have to admit that I am not perfect. I am not the perfect father. I try to be the best father that I can be but I make many mistakes. I am so glad for grace and the fact that no matter how many mistakes I make as a father, that God's glory and grace and can do great things through me, despite all of my shortcomings.

This picture was taken when Coy was about 10 months old or so. He had his first surgery in Ukraine when he was 11 months old. We guess that the picture that we saw of him in the SDA office was taken shortly after his surgery was performed. The picture that we saw at the SDA was a bad angle of his face and it made his nose look even more distorted than it actually is. I am so glad that God didn't allow our shallow attitudes towards appearance to get in the way of putting another very beautiful, wonderful boy in our family.

No comments: