Sunday, May 18, 2008

Too Much Going On to Write

There has been so much going on here that I don't have time to get on the blog a lot. Between baseball, and soccer, and Angel's Wings, and work and the warmer weather, we get to bed later and later all the time. Plus, it seemed like for a while after vacation, that we didn't pick up our camera for a while either.

Katie asked me a really tough question tonight as she was going to bed. "Which were you named first, Daddy or David?" after I answered that easy one, she asked me "Who was the first one to come up with the word Daddy?" I had to answer that I did not know. I assume that it would be Adam but I am not sure.

Last week while I was gone for work, Stacey decided to start talking about the birds and the bees with Caleb. Now I am concerned that we have a budding OB/GYN on our hands. He has asked several very interesting questions since this little talk. It is probably a very good thing that she has started this dialogue with him. We would much rather he hear it from us than from his friends at school. Of course, we don't really want him to be the boy that is educating all of his friends either, but we do want him to know the truth. Katie on the other hand, I don't think I want to tell her anything about it because she might use it against us. I am afraid that the entire Kindergarten would get an education if we spoke about it to Katie. Perhaps this time next year we can start talking about it with her.

Stacey's sister's dog had to be put down last week. He ran to the road and got run over and hurt his back really bad. Stacey told the kids and Caleb took it the hardest. Since we don't see that dog a lot, they didn't cry or anything, but you could tell that they were thinking about it (at least that is what she told me, I was out of town).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And how in that case to act?

Anonymous said...

Just that is necessary, I will participate. Together we can come to a right answer. I am assured.