Monday, February 5, 2007

I Forgot Something...and Way to Go DHS!!!

First of all, I think I forgot one of the things that really moved me during our paperwork effort that appears to be nearing it's stateside end. Several (I mean probably more than several) years ago, when Stacey and I were still going to Southeast, a very good man entered into our life. We met lots of good people there and are still really good friends with some of them, but God was at work way out in front of us. The Good Doctor as I called him, and his lovely wife, joined our ABF Class. He is a great guy and was quick to over his expertise to any and all friends that needed his help. They moved away from Louisville but eventually moved back about the time that we were deciding to go to a church a little closer to our home. But when we needed a lot of signatures and other input from a Doctor, there was no question in my mind that this guy would help us as much as he could. To say that he was accommodating would be a vast understatement. He provided his signature and a copy of his license at every request. He allowed me to bring documents to his house on more than a couple of occasions for his signature, even though he works long hours and now has a full family of his own. One day, as I was describing to him some of the events that had happened to us along the way, he said to me, "You know why I am such a proponent of strong Christians doing adoptions don't you?" Now, I knew this guy fairly well. We had spent lots of Saturday nights together at our ABF class and also outside of class as leaders of that class. We had spent time together in some social situations that revolved around the class but I did not have an answer to his question. I knew that he had helped other mutual friends of ours in their quests to adopt internationally. He paused and he looked at me and he said, "You knew that I was adopted didn't you??" I didn't. Come to find out, his wife, a wonderful Christian woman and mom, was adopted too. I feel that this is just more evidence that God was working in our lives in this effort a long time before we even knew about it.

Now that I have that off my chest, our paperwork from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) came in today. A few signatures and apostilles later, and we will be in a position to send the last (hopefully) of the stateside paperwork to Ukraine by the end of this week. Time will tell.

I will put a listing of the expenses that we have experienced this far on my next post if I can bring myself to add them up.

No comments: