Sunday, February 25, 2007

What Does That Mean???

Don't know if I mentioned it yet or not but Stacey and I aren't much for waiting around. We generally don't like to start something that we can't finish. This especially applies to big items like making big purchaes or house improvement projects. So imagine how much we are learning with this adoption process. All of the waiting and waiting, it gives us plenty of time to question what we are doing and why we are doing it. We still feel like we are doing the right thing. But the waiting has definitely been the worst part so far.

So with the latest round of paperwork updates earlier this month, we should be finished with the paperwork for a while. So what do we do but wait? I did send an e-mail to one of the ladies that is helping us with our adoption to see if she had any news for us. While being very helpful, her responses are usually very terse and susccinct. I asked her to confirm whether or not our paperwork had been submitted to the SDA and I also told her that any information that we could get would be appreciated. She responded that indeed our paperwork had been submitted, that our recent updates were just attached to our already submitted paperwork, and that we should hear something "before too awfully long." Now, I don't think that anyone can tell me exactly how long "before too awfully long" is. And as much as I wish I did, I don't know how long it is either. It is not the answer that I wanted but I do know what it means. It means, "be still and know that I am God." (Psalms 46:10) I am especially guilty of being too eager to have something happen that I tend to get out in front of God instead of letting Him lead me. So what do we do? We are still (as still as we can be), we pray (continually), we plan (as much as we can) and we know that He is God.

One other thing to share. We went to the awards banquet for basketball at Graceland today and the chaplain for the U of L football team spoke to the group. He was a relatively young man that said that he had played football for Campbellsville University. He told this story of how he had taught his oldest daughter (about 3 or 4 years old) to respond to the question "Where does Jesus live?" by saying "Jesus lives in my heart." And it was sort of like a little game that they would play together. One day, they did this in front of a niece or some other relative that was slightly older (perhaps around 6 years old) and she asked (as only little children can ask) "Since Jesus is so big, and her heart is so small, if Jesus lived in there, wouldn't He stick out?"

No comments: