Friday, March 30, 2007

The Milk is Going Bad

My wife is wonderful. She has so many little things that are so neat about her that I could never mention them all. One thing that she does that I thought of tonight is that she starts getting excited about birthdays when the date on the milk that she buys is on or after the birthday. I checked the milk that is in our refrigerator. None of it will last past our date to leave yet. But since it has been spring break, she has not been to the store recently either. I would expect that the next time we go to the store to get milk, the date will be after April 10. It gets closer and closer everyday now.

Are we in trouble here?? Tonight at the supper table, Caleb had a friend named Nathan over to spend the day. Katie announced at the supper table that Nathan was her boyfriend. Nathan proceeded to announce that he has another girlfriend too. (Nathan is 6, Katie is 5). Katie, not to be outdone, makes a big production about her having a boyfriend at pre-school. (This is news to us.) She has all of us try to guess which boy in her pre-school is her boyfriend. Well, none of us could guess so she finally announces his name. As soon as she says his name, Caleb says, "Isn't that the one that you say gets in trouble all of the time?" Stacey and I couldn't stop laughing.

It probably isn't as funny reading about it as it was when it happened, but it was pretty funny to us.

The only things that we have left to do (besides actually pack) would be to get our Guardianship and Power of Attorney documents notarized before we leave. My parents are helping us with a lot of that this weekend. Stacey's parents and Aunt Dawn are helping too. Both of our immediate families have been real supportive of our efforts this far. God is leading this effort because I can see how He has positioned others in our family to help us out with things that we need. A lot of times, He has known our need and provided before we even knew what we needed. It is awesome to be able to watch our God work.
This photo has absolutely nothing to do with our adoption. I am not really even sure who these kids are. At first, they look like our kids but neither one of our kids wears glasses. Their teeth are clean and straight and their eyebrows are nowhere near that heavy.
I have learned the last couple of days how to make DVD's on our computer. I have put together a slideshow or two of our kids and added music to the background to take with us. I don't know how much we will watch it while we are gone. I have trouble watching it now. I have not convinced myself that it will be in my best interest to watch it while I am half a world away. Caleb has a loose tooth. He is very excited. I hope that he doesn't lose it while we are gone. It is not very loose so there is a chance that it could hang on that long. We will be sure to leave a note and directions for the Tooth Fairy just in case though.

No comments: