Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More Posts


I ended up hearing from several that are still reading the blog. That is good to hear.

I have been out of town some this week on work. It was actually the first time that I had been gone since we had come back from Ukraine. I must admit that I felt guilty for leaving Stacey here with the kids by herself for 3 days. It is hard work for us when we are both here. I can't imagine how she handles it for 3 days by herself.

We have forgotten to take our camera on the last couple of outings that we have had. Sometimes it is all we can do to just get to where we are going, much less with everything that we need.

One of our favorite times of the day is story time. The routine that we have gotten into is that either Stacey or I will read Coy a few baby books with colors and letters and I love you's and then we all go to Coy's room and pray together. We (either me or Stacey, usually Stacey) will read Caleb and Katie a few longer books and a Bible story or two and then we will all go to Katie's room and say another, longer prayer together. Coy's attention span is not quite long enough to last through that prayer. Although, he does a great job of putting his hands together and keeping them together until we say Amen. He likes to say a prayer too and say Amen. I, for one, have not understood a single word that he says when he prays except for Amen. That doesn't really matter to me though because I know that the Holy Spirit can interpret broken toddler Russian just as well as he can grunts and groans. It is a good thing that he enjoys the prayer time and the reading time. He enjoys sitting in our laps and letting us hold him and talk to him.

We are planning on having a babysitter on Friday for a couple of hours. Caleb and Katie will be with my parents one night while Coy stays here with us. We are going to have a babysitter watch Coy for a couple of hours while Stacey and I go out on a date. This will be our first time together during the day since we have been back. Stacey is especially looking forward to it since she will get to eat without having to get something for somebody other than herself. It's the little things that you appreciate when you are a mom. I am just looking forward to getting to spend some extended, uninterrupted time with Stacey. We will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I still come by every few days to see how you are doing. But then again, you don't know me! Thanks for sharing your adventures thus far with us!