Monday, February 25, 2008

Batman sings B-I-B-L-E

Here is Coy's rendention of B-I-B-L-E. As with everything else, by the time I got up to get the camera, his best performances were behind him but he does a good job.

We got to go to one of Katie's Angel's Wings performances tonight. It was at an assisted living house over in Jeffersonville. Caleb volunteered to read a scripture but something happened (I am not quite sure what happened) and he didn't get to read it. He was really funny about it though. I love seeing Katie performing with Angel's Wings. She does such an awesome job.

Coy had his first dentist appointment last week. Katie went first so that he could be convinced that it was not going to hurt. We learned that Katie has three loose teeth and one permanent tooth already has broken through. The dentist told us that Coy was obvisouly missing a tooth and that more than likely his permanent tooth was not going to be there either. He also said that orthodontics were definitely in our future but that in general, there were no real major concerns. The dentist was really impressed with how well the plastic surgeon had done repairing the roof of his mouth. Coy did a great job for the dentist and the lady that cleaned his teeth.

Coy's speech continues to improve. He is also improving on the potty training front. It has been almost 2 weeks since he had a massive accident. Most of the time, he ends up with a wet spot about the size of a silver dollar in his underwear.

It won't be long until we can start to say, this time last year, we knew the date that we were going to Ukraine. We got our appointment date on February 28 last year, so it was exactly a year ago this week.

I have noticed that my entries aren't as "deep" as they were while we were in Ukraine. The truth of the matter is that I sometimes have really good ideas about things that I would like to post but I often forget them by the time I find a free minute to sit down and type. My entries quickly turn into a data download session more than a blog entry. One of these days, I am going to write down my ideas when they come to me so that I can remember what I was thinking when it is time to share.

The mini-marathon is April 26 and it starts at 7:30 AM and should be over for Stacey by about 9:30. I suspect that we will have soccer that day but I don't know what time yet. Also, we signed Caleb up for baseball too. One of his best friends is playing on a team in Lanesville and we were able to get Caleb on the same team. He is not really interested in baseball all that much, but if his friend is on the team, perhaps he will at least give it a fair try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evan is doing his 4-H speech on his cousin, Coy, so I was reading the blog today to find out some information on dates that you guys were in the Ukraine. It's hard to believe that it's been almost a year. My boys really enjoyed playing with all of your children when they visited a couple of weeks ago.

LeAnn