Friday, February 1, 2008

Total Attachment

I guess the attachment thing is a big issue with adoption. Taking a child (or children) that may have never known a mother and a father and getting them to understand that they now have a mother and a father can be a difficult task. The longer that they have spent in an institution, the more difficult the task. I don't know how the length of time that Coy spent in the orphange compares to other children. Obviously, every child's experience is different. However, I can tell you that Coy is totally and completely attached to his mom. He is attached to me too but he is definitely a momma's boy. Not that that is all bad. Our two oldest, I would say, were never more of a momma's boy/girl any more than they were a daddy's boy/girl, they clung to us fairly equally. Coy, on the other hand, definitely clings to Stacey more than me. It doesn't bother me all that much. I am glad that he has bonded so strongly to her. He has bonded with me too, just lots more to Stacey. What is not to like about her though?

The video shows the kids holding Stacey and doing the wheel barrow crawl. We did this for about an hour one day recently. We all took turns carrying each other. The kids didn't carry Stacey too many times and only Stacey tried to carry me. The kids thought that they could carry me but I didn't let them try after seeing how they struggled with Stacey.



We were on the wrong side to see the faces of the cheers during the time outs, but Katie did a great job. That is her in the middle with her hands up and her feet spread. I will have to admit, I was worn out by the time that the game started. Katie had to be there at 6:45 so I had prepared myself mentally for a 7 PM start. Well, it was actually a 7:30 start and they had Homecoming beforehand, which turned into an 8 PM start. We left at halftime, which was close to 8:45.


Stacey went to help some of her family out on this past Sunday so it was up to me to get the kids ready and to church on time. We made it. They did really well. Luckily for me, Katie knows how to do her own hair. I have very little experience fixing hair. It has been a while since I have had to style my own hair and I am not much better on other people's hair.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was so cute, but since I have already read your latest, it was special, too. What wonderful parents to 3 great kids; keeps you on the go I can see.

Aunt Ruth Ann