Sunday, June 15, 2008

Finally






















Wow, it has been several weeks since I have posted here. I can't even begin to recall what all has happened so I am not going to try so instead I am going to share about something that I see at church. Getting three kids ready for church in the morning is not really easy and by the time we get to church, we are ready to sit down. (Full Disclosure: Stacey does most of the getting the kids ready, I just pitch in where I can.) I often find myself exhausted (mainly from watching them) by the time we get in the door. However, there is a lady that many times will sit in front of us. She appears to be the care taker of three or four different grown men with mental handicaps. She is always smiling and worshiping with such fervor. I feel guilty for even thinking that I have it tough when I see this lady and how she persists. I don't know her name and I don't know that I would recognize her face if I saw her out in public but she inspires me to have much less self pity (I am really in no position for pity) and much more appreciation for all of the good things that I have. I actually have it really well.

I did get a few really great gifts for Father's Day. We purchased a new video camera so we have been taking some videos again for a change. Also, both Stacey and my sister had the same idea of preserving this blog for keep sake. Stacey not only printed out all of the blog entries for me to save but she also printed out all of the e-mails that we had kept from when we were gone. My sister not only printed out the blog entries but did them in a scrap book. She said that she did it for Coy. I was hoping to have something so special to give to him instead of a "Baby Book" and now, we will have it. My sister has a real talent for scrapbooking and it shows in the product that she made for Coy. My sister and her family have been such a blessing to us. Thanks Michelle, we appreciate it more than you will ever know.

I have been travelling quite a bit and when I do, I have much less desire to get on the internet and blog. Also, I am having trouble getting on the computer because Stacey has been burning up the internet lately. Between Ebay, Craigslist, and just general research on stuff that we are considering, it has been hard to get in a keystroke.
The last day of school, we did have a big waterballoon fight. It was so much fun, we had another one a day or two later. The kids worked really hard for a long time filling up lots of waterballoons. They did a good job of helping to pick up the pieces afterwards too.
At the Corps Day picnic, Katie climbed the rock wall. I am guessing that it went about 20' high. She climbed up it like she was Spider Woman or something.
Stacey has been busy so far this summer. Caleb and Katie have swimming lessons and Safety town and Coy has been having speech. She hasn't been trapped at home with them all, all day but I am betting that she is glad of that. Especially when it is too hot to go outside.

One more thing, Katie's picture was in the New Albany paper today. She had gone to see High School Musical on the Riverfront in Jeffersonville and a reporter had taken her picture. They had a story about it today and ran her picture in the paper as well as on the internet. If you search for New Albany Tribune, her picture pops up. If you are reading this after Sunday, you will probably have to search for Riverstage after you get to the website. The picture is actually of the back of her head but it did give her name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you're back on board with the blog. Stacey may be glad to go back to school when the time comes as I am sure there are times when she doesn't have time to turn around with three of them to take places and do things for. God is so good and has blessed you and your family so much. We are also blessed as a family to have you and your family in it.
Aunt RA