Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year


I know, it is way past New Year, but I just haven't been in the bloggin mood lately. I am still trying to recover from Christmas break.
All of us went to some friends house for New Year's Eve and all of the kids (except for their 1 year old son) made it up until New Years. There were a couple that got very droopy eyed around 11:30 or so but they made it through.
Our camera has been taking a break lately too. I don't think that we have taken a single picture since the last Christmas was done. I know I haven't downloaded any off of our camera.
Everybody is back in the swing of things with school now.
We have really been struggling with Coy and his potty training. He does a great job of keeping his pants clean but he can not keep them dry for anything. The worst part of it is that it doesn't seem to bother him if his pants are wet. At times, he can't keep them dry for 30 minutes. We monitor what and how much he drinks and it doesn't seem to us that he is drinking enough to have to go as much and as often as he does. We need more patience in dealing with this issue because he is a smart kid and there is no doubt that he will get it someday, but it is stressful for now.
We measured Coy over the break and we think that he has grown over 4 inches in the 8 months that he has been with us.
Coy's speech is really improving too. At least, I think so. Most people still have trouble understanding what he is trying to say but Stacey and the other kids and myself have a decent chance of understanding him.
We got my parents four tickets for them to go to the Hopeful Hearts Foundation Benefit Dinner that is coming up in February. The main attraction for me was the opportunity for them to hear Brother Bob speak again. I don't know where his speaking schedule takes him, but I don't hear of him doing very many public speaking arrangements around Louisville anymore.
If you are still reading the blog, or even just an occasional visitor, feel free to post a comment or send us an e-mail. I have absolutely no idea if anyone is still reading or not. I see that the counter keeps going up but I am always curious as to who is still reading along, if anybody.
It won't be long before we will start being able to talk about "this time last year". In a way, it seems like just yesterday but in so many other ways, it seems like so so long ago.
Caleb and Katie brought home their Science Fair packets this week. That means we will have a couple of science experiment ideas to come up with. If you have any good ideas, please let us know. Caleb actually got a good one for Christmas but we will have to think a little bit for Katie.
Katie started back into Angel's Wings this week. Of all the things that she does, that is my favorite thing to watch her do. She loves to perform and I think the people that watch the Angel's Wings perform really enjoy the performances. It is a neat ministry and I am glad that Katie is very much a part of it and she has the opportunity to share with others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, David, we are still checking your blog and we are grateful that you continue to do it. We usually seem to learn some things about you and your family, especially Coy, that we don't seem to hear at any other time. I think an occasional update on Coy,his development,and his interactions with the family and others will be good to do.

Shelley said...

I'm still here and still love to read about you guys and how you're doing! Keep writing and keep posting pics! Love and prayers to all of you!